Call us : 317-622-1994
- About Us
Fire damage is one of the most devastating disasters that can happen to your property. Fires are the second leading cause of accidental death around the homes.
After the devastation of a fire in Greenfield, Indiana, you will likely have several types of damage. Some items will be heavily damaged by the fire exhibiting ashing, charring, melting, or other distortion from the heat. Much of this material is likely not salvageable. The remainder may be lightly scorched, covered in soot, and have a strong odor of the fire.
Simple fires are fueled by pure fuels, like wood, and generally result in complete combustion and easy cleanups. Greenfield house fires are generally a result of complex fuels. The synthetic materials in carpets, furniture, plastics, toys, fabrics and wiring fuel them. These types of fires generally result in incomplete combustion and the production of soot and acid deposits. These materials produce a range of toxic off-gases, as well as complex odors.
Due to unique behavior of smoke, fire damage restoration may not be simple. It is important to have an experienced restoration company like Certified Construction Services on your side. A fast treatment will help reduce smoke and soot health hazards, save your belongings, and keep the cost of restoration to a minimum.
Quick action is important because smoke and fire problems do not stop with char damage. Smoke and soot can spread into other rooms affecting paint, carpet, upholstery, drapes, personal belongings and clothing. Smoke can even go from floor to floor by flowing around plumbing systems via holes around your pipes. Smoke can also penetrate within cavities of the structure, causing hidden damage and odor.
10 Things You Can Do
1. Once the fire’s out or the flue is open, ventilate the house as quickly as possible to mitigate smoke damage.
2. Open doors and windows and turn off HVAC systems to avoid further spreading of smoke.
3. Call the professionals at Certified Construction Services..
4. Throw away heavily damaged or heavily smoked items.
5. Clean all household items, even light bulbs. Make sure to remove bulbs before cleaning and then reinstall.
6. Throw away all food not sealed in airtight containers.
7. Replace HVAC filters.
8. Vacuum soot and ash with a shop vac. Make sure to hold the nozzle just above the soot as pushing down may cause stains.
9. Call your insurance company.
10. Arrange for a place for you and your loved ones to stay while restoration takes place.
For the leading water, mold, and fire cleanup and repair experts in Greenfield, Indiana, contact Certified Construction Services. We offer the fastest response times for emergency fire damage restoration at affordable prices.